Senior Research Engineer – F/H
Région : Île-de-France
Niveau de formation : Bac + 4/5
Rémunération : entre 40K€ et 50K€
Famille de métier : Recherche
cabinet de recrutement spécialisé dans le domaine du Life Sciences, du Medical Device, du Diagnostic In Vitro et des Biotechnologies.
Our client is a start-up based in Paris, named French Tech 120. A potential world-class technological leader, the company develops new innovative polymers for tissue reconstruction.
The company is looking for a senior research engineer to join the innovation and strategy team. he will be responsible for evaluating polymer performance in multiple fabrics and leveraging this data to provide strategic direction for pipeline expansion.
The Senior Research Engineer will report to the Head of Innovation and Strategy. The position is based in Paris, France.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- In collaboration with the innovation strategy manager, identify opportunities for the development of new technologies or alternative applications for existing technologies and products.
- Define and execute a plan to quickly evaluate multiple ideas at an early stage of project viability, including:
- Establish technical metrics and acceptance criteria that support go/no-go decisions for projects.
- Define and develop critical experiments (bench and in vivo) to quickly assess polymer performance for each use case.
- Execute experimental work to evaluate polymer performance on early stage ideas by exploiting relevant models.
- Take a data-driven approach to support the construction of the business case for approval of concept development work.
- Collaborates effectively with different teams, collecting their inputs and integrating them into the experimental strategy.
- Contribute to the technology and product development roadmap and strategy.
Descriptif du profil
→ Qualifications and skills
- Master\’s degree in biomedical engineering or related fields, with specialization in biomaterials, tissue engineering or related fields.
- 4+ years of experience designing and carrying out experimental work, with demonstrated autonomy and quality.
- Knows how to use literature data to define test plans and acceptance criteria.
- Experience in designing bench experimental setups and performing bench tests, including mechanical tests (eg tension, compression,…).
- Entrepreneurial spirit, comfortable with ambiguity and able to move quickly from one activity to another.
- Data oriented and knows how to use statistics in the decision making process.
- Accreditation for animal experimentation is preferred.
- Experience in device prototyping is preferred.
→ Professional Skills/Personal Attributes
- Excellent communication and presentation skills;
- Autonomy and \’Can do\’ attitude;
- Practical approach;
- Good sense of organization
- Strong proactive and problem solving skills.